Repairing and maintaining equipment, vehicles, and buildings is a frequent chore on farms and ranches of all sizes. The versatility and portability of Hypertherm Powermax® air plasma systems makes them ideal for cutting iron, mild steel, stainless steel, and other conductive metals quickly, safely, and easily. Painted or rusted materials are no problem, and the superior cut quality minimizes the need for time-consuming grinding and other secondary operations.
In addition to our highly portable air plasma systems, Hypertherm’s automated plasma, laser, and waterjet systems, along with our motion controls and CAD/CAM software, are widely used in the manufacture of large farming equipment – tractors, harvesters, combines, balers, etc. Hypertherm technology such as True Bevel™ allows manufacturers to quickly and easily cut beveled edges for tighter fit-up when welding.
Typical uses include:
- Maintenance of trucks, tractors and other farm vehicles
- Manufacture and repair of combine harvesters, balers, and other equipment
- Repair and assembly of chemical or irrigation sprayers
- Repair and maintenance of fencing, silos, and outbuildings
- Fast, easy removal of old welds thorough the use of plasma gouging
- Fabrication, including the cutting of beveled edges and holes for tractor parts, brackets, and gussets
- Automated plate edge finishing of A, V, Y and K bevel angles for weld preparation